A DevOps engineer is somebody who has the required skills to develop code, scripting, deployment, and testing. You would be surprised to know that in some firms, DevOps engineers are called the elite force.
What are the Career Benefits of being a DevOps Engineer?
Here are some of the career benefits of being a DevOps engineer.
- You have better job opportunities: As an expert in DevOps, you stand to have opportunities in the IT field. The gap between skilled professionals and certified experts is quite high. A certification plays a significant role in being employed in a reputed firm.
- You can improve your knowledge and skills: As an DevOps engineer, you stand to work in several departments. The concepts of DevOps are used in almost most of the development tools and software. You could be QA professional, operation engineer, and business analysts. This way, you also develop your knowledge and skills.
- You stand to earn more: The IT field does not guarantee high earnings immediately. However, as an expert in DevOps, you stand to get massive hikes. According to data available, professionals are earning more than their counterparts.
- You offer an increase in productivity: Unlike other IT professionals, who do not have job security during the recession and financial meltdowns, DevOps experts have secure jobs. The reason for that being, you bring increased productivity to your firm or organization you are working at.
- You help your firm by designing modern apps: As a developer in DevOps, your main task is to improve the communication between operations and the development team. The code, which is ready for release, can be done in a short time. The time taken for doing a complicated task is drastically reduced.
- You provide quality and stability to the software: As a DevOps developer, you provide quality and stability to the software. Apart from that, the security, performance, stability, and experience of users are improved. Other professionals working in the firm clearly understands the challenges and the effects of the changes.
Top 5 Reasons you should consider taking up DevOps Certification!
Below is a list of reasons why you must register for a DevOps certification.
#1 You become valuable to your firm
Due to cost-cutting, firms like to employ individuals who are highly skilled and talented. Knowing different technologies gives you the advantage over others. Not to mention, you have job security.
#2 You can stand out from the crowd
In a very competitive environment, it is always good to stand out from the crowd. When you want to highlight your skills, you can do that with the help of DevOps. Some of the tools you may learn include Selenium, Git, and Jenkins, Puppet, Kubernetes, and others.
#3 You can find yourself employed sooner
Since the demand is great, but the skilled professionals are few, roles are coming up in several organizations. When you are genuinely interested in getting a job related to DevOps, then this is your moment.
#4 It is easy to learn
You could be anybody with any background who has the interest and willingness to take up a course that is in great demand today. Even fresher’s with basic knowledge in a scripting language and Linux can enroll for better career prospects.
#5 It is safe to say that the future lies in DevOps
You will need to focus on refining your soft skills, which forms the central part in DevOps. You need not do things only in a particular method; it is important that you help your firm in moving forward by using technology. Hence, when you want to stand apart from the crowd, then enroll yourself for a DevOps Certification training program.
You need to ensure that the training center is of good repute and has trainers with experience. This way, you can develop your skills and stand a good chance of progressing in your career.