Forgot Windows 10 Administrator Password? Want to get access to your Windows 10 PC again? If yes then you’re at the right place. The first thing a normal (novice) user tries to do is take the PC to service center and do a fresh re-installation of Windows. In that case one may lose all the data, not to mention the service charges.
In another scenario, suppose if you want to hack into someone’s PC there are a few methods to follow, such as using Hiren CD, Trinity Rescue Kit, OphCrack and so on. It takes considerable amount of time and computer skills and also these methods are not always successful. In such cases the below given method comes handy yet works 100%.
In this tutorial you will learn How to Reset Windows 10 [Including Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP] Password without Knowing the Current Password.
This is an old method, and it is based on a windows feature [Sticky Keys] found in all versions from the Old Windows XP to the latest Windows 10. Well it is a bit surprising to know that this classic windows backdoor works even in the latest Windows 10!
Okay, so follow the below steps to Hack Windows 10 login password.
Things you need:
- Any Linux live CD (like Ubuntu, Kali, Mint… CD) / USB. If you don’t have one download any Linux distribution ISO file from their official websites and then Make a bootable CD/USB from the ISO file you download. For simplicity sake I suggest Puppy Linux (lightest Linux Distro, which is less than 60 MB).
- Basic knowledge in dealing with CMD (Command Prompt), Boot menu etc….
How To Hack Windows 10 Login Password?
- Insert the live CD/USB and boot from it. [You may need to turn off Secure Boot feature for UEFI BIOS]
- Locate the drive where Windows is installed. (C drive) Go to Windows/system32 folder.
- Find out a file named ‘cmd.exe’ and rename it to ‘cmd1.exe’
- Next find another file with the name ‘sethc.exe’ [It is the program for windows sticky keys] Rename sethc.exe to cmd.exe.
- Finally rename cmd1.exe to sethc.exe. [Swapping the sticky keys program with Command Prompt] So whenever Sticky Keys program is called it runs Ms DOS (CMD) and vice versa. ]
- Great! Now Shutdown and boot into Windows.
- When the log-in screen appears, press shift key five or six times periodically.
- Now the command prompt will open up. Type this without quotes and hit enter: “net users”
- Now you can see the list of active accounts [User Names] in the PC. Make a note of the Account Name you need to hack.
- Type the following command without quotes and hit enter: “net users <space><Account Name><space> NewPassword”
- Practical example: Net users Administrator TechLinu
Now I changed the Administrator password to TechLinu. Write the password of your choice in the above command by replacing NewPassword.
Note: <space> means hit the space button. <Account Name> means replace it with the account you need to hack for example Administrator.
Done! You can login with the new password now.
If you found this article helpful please, share it with your friends and let them know too 🙂