We’ve tested a lot of 4K video converters for Mac, and upon our recent test, MacX Video Converter Pro wins out with strong video processing features, intuitive interface, fast processing speed and intact output video quality. So, in this article, we will explain why MacX Video Converter Pro would be worth having as the best 4K video processing tool.
Before reviewing the tool, let’s talk about why we need to process 4K video first. As all known, resolution of 4K video is 3840×2160 or 4096×2160, which makes the image clearer and crisper than common HD video. And we can find 4K video everywhere in our daily life. However, despite the high quality associated with 4K video, it also comes with many headache problems:
- 4K video is generally large and takes up too much space
- Format incompatible with many video editors
- Cannot be uploaded to video hosting websites due to large size
Actually, all the problems about 4K video can be solved by common 4K video converters that can help users compress video size and convert format of 4K video. But most of the tools take long time to convert one single 4K video or the output video quality is fuzzy. Luckily, MacX Video Converter Pro will put out your misery. It’s an all-in-one video converter toolkit that brings fast and perfect to 4K video processing. Let’s have a gaze at the fundamental features of MacX Video Converter Pro below.
- MacX Converter pro converts 4K and HD videos to MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI and other 200+ formats. So, whatever formats you are looking for, this software is the solution to that. You can easily convert 4K to HEVC as well using this tool.
- With 400+ preset profiles, this 4K video converter can convert videos to all devices including Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android Samsung, Huawei and more.
- It compresses 4K to 1080P, 720P, H.265 resolution. In another word, MacX Converter Pro can shrink video file size greatly to save enough space on the device.
- This 4K video processing tool also empowers you to edit the 4K videos to a great extent. Do whatever you want such as trim, merge, crop, watermark and subtitle video, adjust 4K video frame rate, bit rate, codec and more parameters.
- Other bonus features: download YouTube video online, make photo slideshow, and record screen video.
When choosing software, we would definitely pay attention to its user interface. A well-designed and user-friendly interface will help to make a good first impression. MacX Video Converter Pro comes with a clean and straightforward interface that everyone could know how to operate it at the first use. With simple UI, the MacX tool empowers you to convert your video file to the desired format simply through drag-drop and a few mouse clicks.
How to Convert 4K Video on Mac with MacX Video Converter Pro
As mentioned previously, this 4K video converter offers a wide variety of formats and devices profiles so that you could convert your 4K video as you like. Here we take converting 4K MKV to MP4 as an example to show you how to use the tool.
Step 1: Launch the 4K video converter on Mac and click “Add Video” button on the toolbar. Select and load the source 4K video (MKV) from computer to the program.
Step 2: Choose the output format MP4 from the drop-down window. Besides MP4, general videos like AVI, WMV, MOV, H.264, MPEG, FLV (YouTube), and all popular Apple and Android devices are available.
Step 3: Save the converted vide file to a designated folder by clicking “Browse” and then hit “Run” to start MKV to MP4 conversion.
Speed and quality of output video would be another aspect we should consider. This 4K video converter delivers the fastest video processing speed based on Intel QSV/Nvidia/AMD hardware acceleration techs. And it can convert video without compromising the quality thanks to High-quality engine and deinterlacing tech. The following graphic shows the detailed comparison between MacX Video Converter Pro and Handbrake.
Taken together, it’s easy to see why MacX Converter Pro should be your wise choice for processing your 4K and HD videos. If you are looking to get the best, check it out now to get the most out of your Mac and make video conversion faster, clearer and better.